Explore The Program Offers:
Access to Sustainability Practitioners
The Sustainability Speaker Series features talks by leading practitioners, who discuss their work and their organizations, and who offer career advice. Networking events among students and alumni also provide a setting for learning about the job market from colleagues in the field.
Sustainability Speaker Events (Upcoming Events TBD):
- Frazer Lanier, Environmental & Social Risk Management Associate, Citi
- Megan Cassidy, Director of Operations for the SDSN Association
- Kate Black, Founder magnifeco.com and Author of Magnifeco: Your Head-to-Toe Guide to Ethical Fashion and Non-Toxic Beauty
- Ralph Bianculli Jr, Managing Director, Emerald Brand
These events are held from 12:00-1:00PM at The Earth Institute offices, located at 2910 Broadway, in Hogan Hall Conference Room A. To RSVP please email us.
Practicum in Innovative Sustainability Leadership (Upcoming Events TBD):
Each spring semester, the Practicum in Innovative Sustainability Leadership host sustainability practitioners from the public, private and nonprofit sectors. The talks are open to students and alumni. Speakers from spring 2016 are listed below and future speakers will be listed in January 2017:
- Lori Ardito, First Deputy Commissioner, New York City Department of Transportation
- Howard Buffett, Executive Director, Howard G. Buffett Foundation
- John Cheetham, Global Senior Procurement Manager, Tea & RTD, Unilever
- Cynthia Cummis, Deputy Director, GHG Protocol, World Resources Institute
- Douglas Durst, Chairman, The Durst Organization
- Paul Gallay, President and Hudson Riverkeeper, Riverkeeper
- Katherine Gajewski, Director of Sustainability, City of Philadelphia
- James Gowen, Chief Sustainability Officer, Verizon
- Alana Libow, Environmental Sustainability Manager, Dannon
- Emily Maxwell, New York City Program Director, The Nature Conservancy
- Paul Polizzotto, President and Founder, CBS EcoMedia Inc.
- Will Sarni, Director and Practice Leader, Enterprise Water Strategy, Deloitte Consulting
- Camilla Seth, Executive Director, Sustainable Finance, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Beth Strommen, Director, Baltimore Office of Sustainability
- Michelle Vigen, Senior Energy Planner, Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection
- David Walker, Senior Director, Beverage Productivity at PepsiCo
Networking events among students and alumni also provide a setting for learning about the job market from colleagues in the field.
For more information, please email us.